Sunday, October 23, 2011

Disappearing into the World

I am fascinated how two people’s paths can cross and just like that, that person can disappear into the world.   1 yr ago to date, I ended a long term relationship.  I then moved from Champaign, IL to Austin, TX.  This blog will be documenting my experience as a newby in town and recently single gal, trying to grow and improve as a person without getting sucked down by the world. 

I have been coping with my break up with an obsessive amount of music and dancing which yields great happiness and euphoria.  I will therefore be consistently incorporating my point of view of all the shows, festivals, concerts, and dance parties.  There will be some blogs that may be completely about music, there may be some on male encounters and the dating experience, and others about living in Austin and the fun things I get myself into.  I am a “in the know” fast paced girl.  I seek knowledge and have a natural curiosity and openness (in most things.) (I am also a bad speller so get ready for some deciphering and interpretations). I do A LOT, experience A LOT, and need to constantly remind myself to slow down and reflect.  My hopes are that this blog will allow me to take a step back and actual digest some of my experiences, at the same time share with all my friends that are not necessarily sharing them with me, and have reminder of all the things I am doing (as I have a terrible memory- and sometimes it’s really the small details that are worth remembering that I unfortunately forget.)

Being a knowledge seeker, I started carry around a notepad when I first moved to Austin.  I feel the people I meet are a plethora of knowledge and information.  I am exploring Austin and life experiences through people’s advice and random conversations with friends and strangers.  I will include notepad additions to my blog posts as much as possible.   

It took me awhile to actually begin the blog as I was sure I needed a theme to write about otherwise A. I would never write, or at least have a cohesive blog and B. I thought that a theme was necessary to make a blog interesting.  I hope neither are true, as I decided to write anyway as I think life, shows, dating, and introspection is more than enough ammunition to write.  There may be some topics people cannot relate to, and some they wish to avoid, but for the very least it’s another human beings perspective on the world which should be what is interesting enough as everyone lives a complex and different life.


I hope to take an hour a week to write and whatever comes out when I sit down in that hour is what you folks will get.  Every Sunday I will go to a new coffeeshop and sit down and write.  So if I had to pick a theme it would be this; Sunday’s with Sway.  Week 1

4 comments:

  1. Great intro for your new blog. I look forward to sharing your Adventures in Austin!
    rocdoc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to hear about your adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it girlie! keep them comin'!

    ReplyDelete