Sunday, January 22, 2012

Me and My Mind: FreezerBurn

This past weekend I went to my first local burning man event called, FreezerBurn.  In the last hour myself, and a group of a half dozen burners; some friends and some not even formally meeting, waited for the sun to rise above the horizon and the rays to warm our bodies and the earth.  We huddled around the last flames of fire discussing philosophical reasoning and “bigger than us” discussions.  The horizon starts to lighten and slowly the sky around us starts feeling like a snow-globe, taking on the color of the horizon, until the horizon was a completely different shade of color.  When it is just light enough, 3 of us venture off to explore the grounds, as if seeing it in the light will change our perspective of the space we just inhibited all through the night. We stand on a mound of mulch, looking into the mossy purple sky and a silhouetted, crippled and bendy, bare tree, so beautiful in its winding branch structure.  I wish I had a picture of the three of us in that moment. I look down at the bottom of the mound and I see a shot of Tequila. I particularly hate Tequila, but as my fellow burners took a shot of Patron, I had to join in, and joke, “I have to take a shot in life”, knocking back a big, healthy shot that they assured me wouldn’t burn as it went down, but I most definitely felt the warmth in my chest. 

We spoke about a lot of things in that hour before the sun rose, but I had the most clarifying realization in our conversation in the first peak of the sun rays. 

How much power do you believe a mind has?
At what capacity can we understand what is beyond what we believe of truth? 
How much does our mind affect what is physically happening to us, our body, and our environment?  Are we meant to understand it if it beyond our world?
Is it only our mind that is holding us back from understanding and controlling full capability?

Let’s take the last question first.  In a previous conversation, cyberspace was brought up as a man-discovered alternate dimension.  The topic was brought up that everything is polar opposites.  If you agree with these statements, that would mean life and death were the same thing. Death would be another dimension of living that we just cannot understand; our living mind cannot comprehend. Our physical body must release our living mind in order to exist in another reality because it is letting go of what our current being believes as truth.  All of a sudden truth is no longer, and we must live another truth, of death.

Our mind is a powerful being. We can learn to control our mind, as it is referred to as an epiphany.  Just like that, you can change the thought process of the mind. With this kind of understanding and power of the mind, we should be able to control our outlooks, our surroundings, our own future. If you have never seen the movie, “The Secret,” please watch this 20 minute promotional clip on the movie concept: http://thesecret.tv/thesecretfilm/. One concept is simple, if your mind is thinking negative thoughts, negative things will happen around and to you.  I have had several examples of this happening over the last few months from large incidents such as breaking my wrist to small instances such as a cold sore from my mind and or others thinking it upon me.  Is this merely irony or is there something more in the universe that is connected to our mind.

I am a believer of fate.  I am also a believer that the universe will pull people together. Are our minds connected to one another? There is a feeling when two people are drawn together.  What is this cosmic force that allows alike and different people to magnetically be pulled towards one another? Is there more than just the biological physical un-sexual chemistry between complete strangers that makes a “spark” or is there this thing people are calling fate.  I was on a track… living in Chicago, the city that I grew up with, dating a guy that was family accepted, perfect on paper and headed down a path, until the universe threw me a curve ball and I left that all behind and moved to a new city and started new. Fate had greater things in store for me. I realize I do not want that life, and I am happy on my new path.  My mind sometimes confuses me to feel regret or guilt, but I must trust my natural instinct and learn to control my mind from the negative thought.  We do funny things in times of pressure or elevated emotions, but more than anything we must have a good understanding with our thought process and trust our mind. Because it is our mind that is making it true. 

5 comments:

  1. sorry realized I never posted this last weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day you stop dreaming is the day you start dying

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, when you sent me all the stuff on twin souls and finding your soul mate, it was like a bell went off in my head...guess we can call it an epiphany. Instead of feeling so sad about Sean and regretting everything that happened, I feel happy and excited to know that I will see him soon and we wont have any baggage and we will be so happy together...the way we were meant to be.
    I still have yet to watch the secret...but I know my grandma has it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's watch this weekend when I come to visit!

      Delete
  4. http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/scientists-claim-that-quantum-theory-proves-consciousness-moves-to-another-universe-at-death/

    ReplyDelete