Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Water Me Like A Flower: Mannafest

The clouds are shades of angry grey and the rain is bulleting down to the earth as fast as a swarm of agitated bees.  We continue to speed into the storm, up the highway hill.  Our car is packed of camping gear and anticipation.  Just as we get to the top of the hill, the beautiful scenery spreads before us.  Green trees and rolling hills, and at that exact moment, the angry, grey clouds are behind us and the contrast of the light comes shining through so bright.  If you have ever experienced a storm so intense and still lightness shines, you have experienced the beautiful uplifting phenomenon that occurred on our way to Mannafest.

Mannafest is a small festival in Dripping Springs, TX, about 45 minutes outside of Austin at a place
called Recreation Plantation.  I have been to this space once before for Freezerburn, back in January.  Since then the space has really flourished from the rain Texas has recently received.  In fact, the stream that was bare only 2 months earlier was flowing into a powerful, overflowing waterfall.
I was able to sit along the ledge leading out to the fall and meditate and feel the water’s energy and flow.  Taking in all the power the waterfall had to offer, the crashing sounds of the water hit the belly of the stream, sending me deeper into a meditative state.

I have never experienced such a strong connection to water before that weekend.  And it is no wonder I feel a connection to water when, “Up to 60-70% of the human body is water, the brain is composed of 70% water, and the lungs are nearly 90% water.”
Spiritual people like to talk about a oneness.  A oneness with each other and with our world.  Being made more than half of water myself, it was easy to feel one with the waterfall.  "The cells in our bodies accept no other shape into our cells. Ideal crystal shapes are found naturally in the juices of fresh fruits, vegetables and pure, natural water." In other words, we are made of the same cells found in water.

Many people did not attend this amazing festival due to weather conditions.  It was very rainy and muddy on top of that, which in my opinion gave a really fun dynamic to the festival.  Now not only are we out there in that space trying to expand our mental states, but now we are challenging our physical being as well.  Our mental and physical are closely interrelated. 

Take for instance, monks that can walk on hot coal without flitching, or circus performers sticking knives down their throats.  This is not magic, but the power of our mind. Dr. Bruce Lipton discusses this concept to an even further extreme in this 20 minute interview of the film Kymatica.  Here he talks about how our mind even has control over our genetics.  Our genes are not predetermined as we are told, it is our mind and thinking that control our physical being.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj5LiJ5KLIk

“Japanese researcher, Dr. Masaru Emoto, has shown the impact our thoughts have on the crystalline structure of water. And considering our bodies are 70% water, …his findings shine a bright light on the secrets of Life itself.
Water is the very source of all life on this planet, its quality and integrity are vitally important to all forms of life.

Water is a very malleable substance. Its physical shape easily adapts to whatever environment is present. But its physical appearance is not the only thing that changes, the molecular structure also changes. The energy or vibrations of the environment will change the molecular relationships within water.
In this sense not only has the ability to physically reflect its environment but it also molecularly reflects its experience.”

After seeing a bare stream a couple months earlier, I was so appreciative to enjoy the beautiful waterfall.  Appreciation is an emotion that stems from love.  I truly feel that between my positive energy and the powerful energy and flow of the waterfall, we vibrated together and formed an energetic connection that weekend. 

My friends insisted we skip camping that night and head back to town due to expected thunderstorms.  Last summer I experienced an amazing storm while camping at Summer Camp Music Festival and the possibility of a storm coming through the night only excited me.  Trying to live by my own words, “Before we were friends, we were strangers, therefore everyone is a potential to be your friend; do not let your friends hold you back,” I handed over my car keys to my friend and said, “Do what you need to do to feel comfortable.  I am going to stay because my heart belongs here tonight.” Just like that, I followed me heart, and had absolutely no anxiety with the decision.  Again, depending on a oneness, a community to take care of me if I needed a way back to town.  By following my heart, my friends on their own accord and with no corrosion decided to stay the night as well.  It was a very powerful experience. 
Water, like us as has an energy flow. That night, sure enough, it thunder stormed heavily.  Under the protection of just the thin cloth of the tent, I could feel the energy of the rain beating down on the tent like the pulse of a heart.  The thunder pounded the earth and the lightening brightened the night sky.  We sat in the tent and in awe of the power of nature.  When you are inside your house, you are separated and disconnected from the intensity and the energy.  Camping in the storm is a whole other element to rain.

Morning came and we welcomed in the day, dancing to Etheogenic.  The sun brightened the darkened sky and we danced in the field with our hoops and hands to the sky, spinning in delight.  I wish every day I could ritually bring in the sun to start my day.  Eventually, my friend’s persistence to leave the festival early finally wore heavy and we left around noon.  Sad to be leaving, a friend and I went to the Greenbelt when we got back to Austin.  Tired and exhausted we laid across some rocks that were in the middle of the water.  The water felt as though it was flowing through us! That weekend I learned how to not only connect with people, but with water, nature, and myself. 
To further my connection with water and my environment, it is my goal to make what I do in everyday living spiritual, in hopes to find a more gratifying lifestyle.  A lot environmentalist’s my frown on my showering rituals, but I do take my time while bathing.  In fact, if done at night, I will shower by candle light and slow music.  I am no longer showering for the need to be clean, but for the appreciation and enjoyment of the hot water running over my head and down my back. Another practice that may be a little strange, but at Mannafest, every time I drank cold water, I made a “mmmmmm” noise of enjoyment.  Again, I am communicating with the water, that I appreciate it and filling it with love as it enters my body.  The water nourishes me and flows through my insides so I want to send it there with love.  In 2004 I watched a movie called, “What the Bleep Do We Know.” I highly recommend this to everyone.  In this movie they talk about a lot of Emoto’s research and how our energies affect water and us.   

I recently read an article that 75% of American’s and the rest of the world are dehydrated.  This is yet another example of how our society has become disconnected to our world.  Like humans, water reacts to chaos and follows the collective. 

“In discussions on the idea of the person as a "molecule" the topic of free will, i.e. the conception that a person exercises control over the choices made in life, often comes to the fore. Russian bioelectrochemist Octavian Ksenzhek tells us in 2007 that "people are the molecules of which an economy consists", but also clarifies, in the context of water molecules forming frost on glass, that:
“Molecules have neither free will nor any will at all.”

Ksenzhek goes on to state that “all a molecule can do is repel elastically from other chaotically moving molecules and sometimes, very seldom, lose some of its degrees of freedom and freeze in a lager collective.” Certainly there is a difference between water molecules and human molecules, but, nevertheless, the concept of 'free will' becomes defunct, each is considered as a molecule, pure and simple”
http://www.eoht.info/page/Human+molecule

I urge you to connect with water yourself in your own way and see if it makes a difference in your lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you showed me "What the Bleep do We Know?". Very interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete